The Hong Kong Standards and Testing Centre Limited (hereinafter "STC") maintains this Internet site (the "Site") for your personal information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without STC\'s written permission.
STC has made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided in this website. However, the information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. STC does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained on this website.
No warranties, promises and/or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, are given as to the nature, standard, accuracy or otherwise of the information provided in this website nor to the suitability or otherwise of the information to your particular circumstances.
We can not and will not guarantee that this website is free from computer viruses or anything else that has destructive properties.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect consequential or other) whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, which may arise as a result of your use of (or inability to use) this website, or from your use of (or failure to use) the information on this site.
This website provides links to other websites owned by third parties. The content of such third party sites is not within our control and we can not and will not take responsibility for the information or content thereon. Links to such third party sites are not to be taken as an endorsement by STC of the third party site, or any products promoted, offered or sold on the third party site, nor that such sites are free from computer viruses or anything else that has destructive properties. We can not and do not take responsibility for the collection or use of personal data from any third party site. In addition, we will not accept responsibility for the accuracy of third party advertisements.
Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following conditions ("General Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the General Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and STC are superseded and of no force or effect.
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these General Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of STC. STC neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with STC.
2. While STC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, STC makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. STC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
3. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither STC nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. STC also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by STC, its subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, STC is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
5. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, STC. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these General Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
6. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and common law Trademarks of STC and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Trademark owner. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these General Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that STC will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of legal prosecution.
7. STC has not reviewed all the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
8. Although STC may from time to time monitor or review discussions, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, STC is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
9. Software from this Site may be further subject to French, United States or any other country\'s export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time. Check your local laws and regulations accordingly before downloading or exporting any software from this Site.
10. This Site may from time to time contain information relating to various medical and health issues. This is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own doctor or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing anybody\'s health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult your own doctor and medical advisors.
11. STC may at any time revise these General Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current General Conditions to which you are bound.